Your browser is not supported. Please update it.

A Brief History of the Club

Below is a potted history. More details are available in the book produced for our centenary “A Hundred Years at The Boat” which is available from the club at the bargain price of £5.00+P&P.

1898 – Original layout of 6 holes

1910Two extra holes added

1921Tennis courts opened

1930Extra land became available for rent – James Braid designs the 18 hole golf course

1931Committee agreed to go ahead with the extra rent and to use James Braid’s design

1932New 18 hole course is in play

198014th tee relocated to give a dogleg

1991Club buys the land on which the golf course sits

1994New green at the 4th to give a par 5

1998Club celebrates its Centenary

2003Changes to the 1st and 5th with improved greens.

2004 – Changes to the 13th to give another par 5

2009 – At 1st Hole, green re-contoured and tees re-sited

2012Major changes to Clubhouse including new locker rooms and Pro Shop

2019Major Lounge & Bar modernisation