1930 - Extra land became available for rent - James Braid designs the 18 hole golf course
1931 - Committee agreed to go ahead with the extra rent and to use James Braid's design
1932 - New 18 hole course is in play
1980s 14th tee relocated to give a dogleg
1991 - Club buys the land on which the golf course sits
1994 - New green at the 4th to give a par 5
1998 - Club celebrates its Centenary
2003 - Changes to the 1st and 5th with improved greens.
2004 - Changes to the 13th to give another par 5
2009 - At 1st Hole, green re-contoured and tees re-sited
2012 - Major changes to Clubhouse including new locker rooms and Pro Shop
This is an extremely potted history. More details are available in the book produced for our centenary “A Hundred Years at The Boat” which is available from the club at the bargain price of £5 + p & p.