A Brief History of the Club
- 1898 – Original layout of 6 holes
- 1910 – Two extra holes added
- 1921 – Tennis courts opened
- 1930 – Extra land became available for rent – James Braid designs the 18 hole golf course
- 1931 – Committee agreed to go ahead with the extra rent and to use James Braid’s design
- 1932 – New 18 hole course is in play
- 1980s 14th tee relocated to give a dogleg
- 1991 – Club buys the land on which the golf course sits
- 1994 – New green at the 4th to give a par 5
- 1998 – Club celebrates its Centenary
- 2003 – Changes to the 1st and 5th with improved greens.
- 2004 – Changes to the 13th to give another par 5
- 2009 – At 1st Hole, green re-contoured and tees re-sited
- 2012 – Major changes to Clubhouse including new locker rooms and Pro Shop
This is an extremely potted history. More details are available in the book produced for our centenary “A Hundred Years at The Boat” which is available from the club at the bargain price of £5 + p & p.